[Statlist] Open Postdoctoral positions in data science (information sciences, machine learning and statistics)

Maurer Letizia |et|z|@m@urer @end|ng |rom ethz@ch
Wed Nov 27 15:34:43 CET 2019

Open ETH-FDS Postdoctoral Fellow positions (information sciences, machine learning and statistics)

ETH Foundations of Data Science (ETH-FDS) is a cross-departmental initiative at ETH Zurich which started in January 2019. Its main focus is research-oriented in the area of foundations of data science, at the intersection between information sciences, machine learning and statistics.

The foundations of data science are in computer, information and mathematical sciences, machine learning and statistics. The recently emerging areas and applications call for new fundamental research and with this also for new educational curricula. Contributions to the foundations of data science have an impact on the upcoming decades: new methodological developments and mathematical theory will impact many modern application areas and will radiate to a massive number of users. ETH-FDS aims to bring together existing excellence and expertise to further strengthen top research in the foundations of data science across different departments of ETH Zurich.

We invite applications for ETH-FDS Postdoctoral Fellow positions in Foundations of Data Science. Besides developing independent research, the duties also include a light teaching load. We offer an attractive environment across different core areas in foundations of data science. The positions are for two years. The starting date is flexible. The salary is according to the standard salary scale for postdoctoral fellows at ETH Zurich.

You have a strong interest in the foundations of data science. You hold a PhD (or should be less than 10 months before completion of the PhD thesis) in

We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:

• curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• preferred host at ETH Zurich (one to three faculty members at ETH Zurich with whom you want to primarily work with.)
• short research statement (one to at most two pages)
• three names of references (no letters need to be submitted)

The deadline for applications is 15 January 2020. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.

For more information and contact, please refer to our ETH-FDS website https://math.ethz.ch/sfs/eth-foundations-of-data-science.html.

We look forward to your application!

Prof. Peter Bühlmann
ETH Zurich