[Statlist] Job: statistician at the Biostatistics facility of the University of Lausanne

Frédéric Schütz Freder|c@Schutz @end|ng |rom un||@ch
Thu Jan 24 12:42:00 CET 2019

The new Biostatistics facility of the University of Lausanne is hiring a
statistician (80-100%). The full ad in French, is available at
https://bit.ly/2svvfYs, and includes a link for applying. A summary in
English is provided below.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question about this position.

Frédéric

Title
Statistician, biostatistics facility, University of Lausanne

Job tasks
The successful candidate will help provide support in data analysis and
biostatistics to research groups within the Faculty of Biology and
Medicine (FBM) at the University of Lausanne. He/she will also
contribute to our training activities in data analysis for the life
sciences, as well as perform a technological watch of new data analysis
methods and software, and will participate in their development. The
activites will range from "classical" biostatistics to the analysis of
data from next generation sequencing (NGS) and other Omics platforms.

Profile requirements
Our ideal candidate has a PhD in statistics, bioinformatics,
computational biology or a related topic, with experience collaborating
on research projects with life scientists. He/she can work
independently, has excellent collaboration and communication skills
(oral and written) and can work in parallel on different projects.
He/she is proficient with the tools we use for data analysis, in
particular the R language, the Linux/UNIX environment and ideally a
scripting language (Perl, Python, etc).

How to apply
If you are interested in this challenging and highly interesting
position, please send your application including CV and letter of
motivation at:

https://bit.ly/2svvfYs

Application deadline: 10 February 2019.

--
Frédéric Schütz, PhD
Maître d'Enseignement et de Recherche, Center for Integrative Genomics

Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics   /   University of Lausanne
Bâtiment Genopode, Quartier Sorge       +41 21 692 40 94
CH-1015 Lausanne                        +41 21 692 40 65 (fax)