[Statlist] Research Seminar in Statistics *FRIDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2018* GSEM, University of Geneva

gsem-support-instituts g@em-@upport-|n@t|tut@ @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Tue Nov 27 12:17:21 CET 2018

Dear All,

We are pleased to invite you to our next Research Seminar.

Looking forward to seeing you

Organizers :
E. Cantoni - S. Engelke - D. La Vecchia - E. Ronchetti
S. Sperlich - F. Trojani - M.-P. Victoria-Feser

FRIDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2018 at 11:15am, Uni-Mail M 5220

Communication of savers financial risk: The simple lump sum case
Jens Perch NIELSEN - Cass Business School, UK

ABSTRACT:

The perhaps most obvious challenge that the financial industry and the pension industry is facing at the  moment is how to re-invent  financial savings products that are easier to understand. In particular with a view towards how individual savers can achieve the level of financial risk that they really want. This implies a simple, intuitive and operational way that pension savers can self-select their financial risk appetite.

We go through a new and promising approach for the simple lump sum case. The research has been developed by four Cass Business School academics and is part of the ambitious research project 'Minimizing longevity and investment risk while optimizing future pension plans' sponsored by UK based IFoA: 'The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries'.

Visit the website: https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/seminars/rcs/