[Statlist] Thursday, June 23, 2016 with Dan Roy (University of Toronto Scarborough)

Maurer Letizia |et|z|@m@urer @end|ng |rom ethz@ch
Mon Jun 20 11:27:24 CEST 2016

E-mail from the  Statlist using stat.ch<mailto:Statlist using stat.ch>  mailing list
______________________________________
ETH and University of Zurich

Organisers:

Proff. P. Bühlmann - L. Held - T. Hothorn - M. Maathuis -
N. Meinshausen - S. van de Geer - M. Wolf
We are glad to announce the following talk:

Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 15.15h  ETH Zurich HG G 19.141
with Dan Roy (University of Toronto Scarborough)

Title:

Models and Estimation for Sparse Network Data under Exchangeability<https://www.math.ethz.ch/sfs/news-and-events/research-seminar.html?s=fs16#e_8668>

Abstract:

We introduce a class of random graphs on the reals R defined by the exchangeability of their vertices. A straightforward adaptation of a result by Kallenberg yields a representation theorem: every such random graph is characterized by three (potentially random) components: a nonnegative real I, an integrable function S : R+ to R+, and a symmetric measurable function W: R+^2 to [0,1] that satisfies several weak integrability conditions. We call the triple (I,S,W) a graphex, in analogy to graphons, which characterize the (dense) exchangeable graphs on N. I will present some results about the structure and consistent estimation of these random graphs. Joint work with Victor Veitch

This abstract is also to be found under the following link: http://stat.ethz.ch/events/research_seminar