[Statlist] New vacancy: PhD studentship on Statistical Methods for Trial Design

s@zui@ui m@iii@g oii u@ib@s@ch s@zui@ui m@iii@g oii u@ib@s@ch
Mon Nov 23 09:46:12 CET 2015

The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute is a public institution
with the mandate to contribute to the improvement of the health of
populations internationally and nationally through excellence in research,
services, and teaching and training.

In our Health Systems Research and Dynamical Modelling Unit and in frame
of a project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation
(SNF) entitled "Design of Trials for Pathogen Elimination", we are seeking
highly motivated candidates for a…

PhD studentship on Statistical Methods for Trial Design

About the research area
The studentship is supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation
(SNF) to work on the development of statistical methods for trials of
mosquito control interventions. It will involve original research in the
field of causal inference and the development and application of novel
computational methods. The project is a collaboration between the groups
of Prof. Thomas Smith at Swiss TPH, Basel, and Prof. Betz Halloran,
University of Washington, Seattle.

Experience and skill requirements
To best fit to the requirements of the PhD position, we are looking for
the following qualifications:
- Master of Science degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related
discipline
- Strong interest in causal inference and statistical methodology
- Good communication skills, strong spirit of team work and initiative,
and ability to work with professionals in multi-cultural context
- Excellent command of English (speaking and writing)

The successful applicant will be registered for a PhD degree at the
University of Basel, Switzerland. Remuneration: According to the salary
scheme of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF).

The position is full-time for three years and is available from January
2016.

For further information about the position, please visit our website
http://www.swisstph.ch/about-us/departments/epidemiology-and-public-health-eph/health-systems-research-and-dynamical-modelling.html

or contact Prof Thomas Smith at +41 61 284 82 73

If you are interested, please submit your application online via the link
provided below, in English with CV, and the names of 3 references (please
use our standard CV whenever possible).

Kindly note that we can only consider applications from our online tool
(no email).

Contact
Susanne Zulauf
HR Business Partner
Socinstrasse 57
4002 Basel
Switzerland

Did we catch your interest?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your complete online application
at https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Vacancies/399/Description/2

If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
reply e-mail and delete this message from your system.