[Statlist] Research seminar in statistics May 8th 2015, GSEM University of Geneva

Eva Cantoni Ev@@C@nton| @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Mon May 4 14:15:38 CEST 2015

Organisers :
E. Cantoni - E. Ronchetti - S. Sperlich - M-P. Victoria-Feser

Friday May 8th, 2015
at 11h15 - Room M 5220, Uni Mail (40, bd du Pont-d'Arve)

Summarizing the association between disease onset and survival under
cross-sectional sampling

  Marco Carone
University of Washington Seattle

ABSTRACT:
In this work, we study a framework for quantifying the association
between disease onset and survival. Usual models for bivariate times
generally quantify departures from independence between the two times.
If these times have a constrained sum, such as in the case of age at
disease onset and residual lifetime from onset, model parameters may
fail to have an appealing interpretation. To provide a an interpretable
description of the association between disease onset and survival, we
construct and study a novel semiparametric model. Using the idea of
targeted maximum likelihood estimation, we then consider estimation and
inference for parameters based on this model using survival data
obtained through a cross-sectional survey with follow-up. The data
generated by this common epidemiological design are subject to
systematic biases. We infer the association between dementia and the
residual lifetime of Canadian elderly individuals using data from the
Canadian Study of Health and Aging.

Visit the website: http://www.stat-center.unige.ch/ressem.html

--
Prof. Eva Cantoni