[Statlist] We offer 14 PhD positions in Statistical Methodology in Clinical research at different sites across Europe

Hanna Hasselblatt h@@@e|b|@tt @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Thu Mar 1 13:14:52 CET 2012

The MEDIASRES Marie Curie Initial Training Network offers

*14 ESR training positions (PhD candidates) *in Statistical Methodology
for Diagnostic/Prognostic and Therapeutic Studies and Systematic Reviews
for 36 months fulltime

*Closing date for applications: **25*^*th* * of April 2012/for positions
not filled this call remains open *

*Intended starting date for the positions is between May and September
2012.*

We are now inviting applications for *14 FP7 Marie Curie Early Stage
Researcher (ESR) Fellow positions* from bright, highly motivated
graduates with a Master degree in Biostatistics, Mathematics,
Statistics, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology or equivalent who are strongly
interested in statistical methodology in clinical research. Fluency in
written and spoken English is required. Desired backgrounds include
programming and practical experience in data analysis. Good
communication skills are crucial. The ideal candidate combines these
skills and should be willing to participate in international
cooperation. Publication of the research performed in the network is
expected. Please note that there can be project-related specific
requirements which are specified at www.mediasres-itn.eu/projects
<http://www.mediasres-itn.eu/projects>.

"Early stage researchers" are candidates in possession of a relevant
Masters degree (or close to obtaining it) with not more than 4 years of
full time research experience. Each ESR will embark on a PhD program. We
are seeking to offer employment contracts with full social security
coverage, with living allowance and maximum duration of full-time
employment within MEDIASRES of 3 years. You can expect a competitive
salary; tuition fees will be covered/included.

    Your Benefits

We offer a unique integrative international research environment where
world-leading scientists from academic institutions as well as from the
pharmaceutical industry will integrate accepted applicants into their
research teams. Beyond technical training in key areas, personal
development and research management training will be made available. The
ESRs in the MEDIASRES training network will be trained according to an
individually supervised, comprehensive and complementary program
composed of the individual research project, methodological courses
offered at each partner site, face-to-face network wide training events,
online-activities, transferable skill courses and close interaction with
a clinical advisor. In order to receive complementary training on their
respective topics, appointed researchers are expected to spend a
secondment period of 3-6 months in a network partner institution.

    Application

If you are interested in one of these positions, please send your
application including CV and a letter of motivation only through our
central online-tool available at www.mediasres-itn.eu/application
<http://www.mediasres-itn.eu/application> before the closing date for
applications.

Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Selected candidates
may not have spent more than 12 out of the last 36 months in the host
country before appointment (see www.mediasres-itn.eu/info/eligibility
for details). Please note that you will need a living and work permit
for the host country.

--
Dr. Hanna Hasselblatt
Project Manager