[Statlist] Seminar "Life Sciences" and SSS-BI on Friday, April 15, 2011 (Berne): Call for Speakers !

Baumgartner,Marcel,VEVEY,Z-EUR M@rce|@B@umg@rtner @end|ng |rom ne@t|e@com
Thu Jan 20 15:21:47 CET 2011

Dear colleague,

The working group on "Life Sciences" of the SSS (www.stat.ch) and the SSS-BI is organizing a seminar on Friday, April 15, 2011 at the Unversity of Berne, from 10h to 12h30 (http://www.imsv.unibe.ch/content/talks/sstats/spring_2011/koerner2011/index_eng.html).

We are looking for additional speakers.

There is no overall theme defined, and the topic does not need to be related directly to "Life Sciences". We would like you to share how statistical methods are applied successfully within the organization/company you are working for. We are particularly interested to understand how you communicate your work and results, and how the work of a Statistician is appreciated in your professional environment.

For propositions, please send a talk title and a short abstract to fraenzi.korner using oikostat.ch and marcel.baumgartner using nestle.com. Talks should be between 30 and 45 minutes, questions and answers included.

Best regards

Marcel Baumgartner / Fr�nzi Korner