[Statlist] Next talk: Friday, November 19, 2010 with Fadoua Balabdaoui (Université Paris Dauphine)

Susanne Kaiser-Heinzmann k@|@er @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Fri Nov 12 11:05:46 CET 2010

ETH and University of Zurich

Proff. L. Held - H.R. Kuensch - M. Maathuis - S. van de Geer

We are glad to announce the following talk

*Friday, November 19,  2010,  15.15h  ETH Zurich HG G 19.1*
with *Fadoua Balabdaoui * (Universit� Paris Dauphine)

Title:
*Distribution of the maximal difference between a Brownian bridge and
its concave majorant*

Abstract:
We provide a representation of the maximal difference between a standard
Brownian bridge and its concave majorant on the unit interval, from
which we deduce expressions for the distribution and density functions
and moments of this difference. This maximal difference has an
application in nonparametric statistics where it arises in testing
monotonicity of a density or regression curve.

This abstract is also to be found under the following link:
http://stat.ethz.ch/talks/research_seminar

--
ETH Z�rich
Seminar f�r Statistik