[Statlist] (no subject)

Christina Kuenzli kuenz|| @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Wed Mar 19 16:17:54 CET 2008

                  ETH and University of Zurich

                           Proff.
         A.D. Barbour - P. Buehlmann - F. Hampel - L. Held
            H.R. Kuensch - M. Maathuis - S. van de Geer

           We are glad to announce the following talk

      April 4, 2008,     15.15-17.00   LEO C 6

      Modeling Longitudinal Data with Application to
      the Multicenter Aids Cohort (MACS)
      Cyntha A. Struthers, University of Waterloo, Ontario, CA

Motivated by an example in the book ``Analysis of Longitudinal Data'' by
Diggle, Heagerty, Liang and Zeger, we analyze longitudinal data from the
2007 release of the Multicenter Aids Cohort Study (MACS). The response
(CD4 count for seroconverters) is fitted using a stochastic process with
parameters which are functions of time-dependent covariates.   There are
extensive missing values in these data which are partially accommodated
in our analysis. The parameters are estimated using both Bayesian and
frequentist methods.  We obtain the asymptotic covariance matrix of the
estimators and Bayesian credible regions for the parameters, the latter
by Gibbs sampling. This allows us to estimate the time course for
individuals taking account of measurement error.

Christina Kuenzli            <kuenzli using stat.math.ethz.ch>
Seminar fuer Statistik
Leonhardstr. 27,  LEO D11      phone: +41 (0)44 632 3438
ETH-Zentrum,                   fax  : +41 (0)44 632 1228
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland        http://stat.ethz.ch/~