[Statlist] invitation to a special talk

Christina Kuenzli kuenz|| @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Mon Jan 21 10:56:51 CET 2008

                  ETH and University of Zurich

                           Proff.
         A.D. Barbour - P. Buehlmann - F. Hampel - L. Held
            H.R. Kuensch - M. Maathuis - S. van de Geer

           We are glad to announce the following talk

     January 25, 2008      15.15-17.00    LEO C 6

     Statistical Modeling of Loss Distributions Using  actuar
     Vincent Goulet, École d'actuariat, Université Laval,
                     Quebéc, CA

  actuar  is a package of actuarial science functions for the R
  statistical system. The current version of the package contains
  functions for use in the fields of loss distributions, risk
  theory and credibility theory. This talk will present the
  features of the package most closely related to usual
  statistical work, namely the modeling of loss distributions.
  Among other things, we introduce a number of probability laws
  functions, handling of grouped data, minimum distance
  estimation methods and functions to compute empirical
  moments. If time allows, we may also present a function to
  simulate data from hierarchical models.

Christina Kuenzli            <kuenzli using stat.math.ethz.ch>
Seminar fuer Statistik
Leonhardstr. 27,  LEO D11      phone: +41 (0)44 632 3438
ETH-Zentrum,                   fax  : +41 (0)44 632 1228
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland        http://stat.ethz.ch/~