[Statlist] Seminar on statistics

Christina Kuenzli kuenz|| @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Wed May 16 11:47:14 CEST 2007

              ETH and University of Zurich

                           Proff.
         A.D. Barbour - P. Buehlmann - F. Hampel
              H.R. Kuensch - S. van de Geer

       We are glad to announce the following talks

     Friday, Mai 25th, 2007  15.15h  LEO C 6

     Empirical portfolio selection
     László Györfi Budapest University

The concept of log-optimum portfolio selection is studied,
and some of its empirical, universally consistent versions
(histogram-based, kernel-based, nearest-neighbor-based)
are introduced. We show experimental results on NYSE data.

     Friday, June 1st, 2007

     15.15 - 16.00         LEO C 6
     Case series models for censoring eventsx
     Mounia Hocine and Paddy Farrington
     Departement of Statistics, The Open University, UK

     16.15 - 17.00         LEO C 6
     Estimating unbounded densities with L_2-loss
     Lucien Birgé
     Université Paris VI, France

Christina Kuenzli            <kuenzli using stat.math.ethz.ch>
Seminar fuer Statistik
Leonhardstr. 27,  LEO D11      phone: +41 (0)44 632 3438
ETH-Zentrum,                   fax  : +41 (0)44 632 1228
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland        http://stat.ethz.ch/~