[Statlist] Seminar ueber Statistik

Hans-Ruedi Kuensch kuen@ch @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Fri Jan 30 14:40:53 CET 2004

                       ETH and University of Zurich
      Proff. A.D. Barbour -- P. Bühlmann -- F. Hampel -- H.R. Künsch

         We are pleased to announce the following seminar
         Wir laden Sie ein zu unserem Seminar über Statistik
Please note the unusual day !

Wednesday February 4, 15.15 h     in LEO C15, Leonhardstrasse 27, 8006 Zürich

      Gaussian Markov Random Fields: A short introduction with some
                applications in spatial statistics

      Havard Rue, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Norwegian
        University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway

In this talk I will give a short introduction to Gaussian Markov
Random Fields (GMRFs), discuss how to do fast computations for
this class of models using numerical methods for sparse matrices,
and demonstrate its use in some spatial statistics applications.

Everybody is kindly invited
   ________________  ___
Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule Zuerich
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
Hansruedi Kuensch           <kuensch using stat.math.ethz.ch>
Seminar fuer Statistik
Leonhardstr. 27,  LEO D1           phone: +41 1 632 3416
ETH-Zentrum,                       fax  : +41 1 632 1228
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland        http://stat.ethz.ch/~