[Statlist] Announcement of position

Hans-Ruedi Kuensch kuen@ch @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Mon Jan 5 12:44:37 CET 2004

Dear members of the Swiss Statistical Society,

I would like to draw your attention to the following
announcement of a professor position.

With best wishes for the New Year

Hans-Ruedi Kuensch

The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETHZ) invites applications
for a

          PROFESSORSHIP IN STATISTICS

Duties of the new professor, who will be a member of the Department of
Mathematics, include teaching and research in statistics.
Together with other colleagues from the department, he or she will be
responsible for undergraduate and graduate courses in mathematics, in
particular in probability theory and statistics, for students of mathematics,
engineering and natural sciences.

We are seeking candidates with an internationally recognized research
record in any area of statistics and proven ability to direct research of
high quality. Willingness to teach at all university levels and to
collaborate with colleagues is expected.

Applications with curriculum vitae and a list of publications
should be submitted to the President of ETH Zurich, Prof. Dr. O. Kuebler,
ETH Zentrum, CH-8092 Zuerich, no later than March 31, 2004. ETHZ
specifically encourages female candidates to apply with a view towards
increasing the proportion of female professors.