Use of R internal entry points in packages IBDsim and timeSeries

Yohan Chalabi yohan.chalabi at rmetrics.org
Tue Aug 7 10:16:02 CEST 2012

On Aug 1, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> We see in R CMD check in current R-devel
>
> * checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
> Foreign function call(s) with ‘PACKAGE’ argument in a base package:
>  .C("find_interv_vec", ..., PACKAGE = "base")
>
> This is not part of the R API and will be removed shortly.

Thanks for pointing out that find_interv_vec will has been removed from R-dev. We will make the due changes in the timeSeries package.

> Your uses of it are in any case incorrect and dangerous (e.g. length() does not need to return an integer and might be NA: see its help page).
>
> Please remove this from your code (and be aware that such calls are seen as prime facie evidence of copying from the R sources, which you have not acknowledged).

It is mentioned in the source code that we prefer to call the underlining C routine of findInterval(). Moreover, we only call the C routine and we have not copied the code in findInterval().

Regards,
Yohan