fExtremes package

Peter Maclean pmaclean2011 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 03:46:58 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am new in R and I want to the fExtremes package for data analysis. I usually
use SAS. I have rainfall data for different points (50 locations). Each point
has 120 observations. The rainfall data is in the first column (RAIN) and the
categorical variable that group the data is in the second column (GROUP). The
data frame is rain.data. How can I use the gevFit function to estimate all three
parameters by GROUP variable group? In SAS there is a by() function that
estimate the model by group. However, I would like to move to R.
With thanks,
 Peter Maclean
Department of Economics
UDSM