Error importing with fredSeries in ubuntu 8.04

mdmorgan at ucalgary.ca mdmorgan at ucalgary.ca
Sun Mar 1 23:47:05 CET 2009

Sirs,

I am currently unable to import any data into R using fredSeries.  I get
an error message about a problem converting to POSIXct objects.

Running the command...
fredSeries("DPRIME")

Results in the following error messages...

trying URL
'http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/DPRIME/downloaddata/DPRIME.txt'
Content type 'text/plain; charset=UTF-8' length 265951 bytes (259 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 259 Kb

Read 13986 items
Error in as.POSIXct(charvec, format = isoFormat, tz = "GMT") :
  unused argument(s) (format = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
Error in fredSeries("DPRIME") :
  cannot get a slot ("data") from an object of type "character"

I am running RKWard which was installed from the standard ubuntu packages
using the Synaptic Package Manager.  The only R package installed was
fImport 290.75 (the "Include dependencies" box checked), which was
installed from the CRAN mirror in Canada, BC.

I have no such errors using the Windows binaries of R or fImport.

What should I do to enable fredSeries importing?