fUtilities::isS4

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 30 18:06:19 CET 2009

Yohan, Diethelm,

On 30 January 2009 at 09:17, Yohan Chalabi wrote:
| BTW, have you noticed that the new Rmetrics packages should not
| depend on 'fUtilities' which will be considered as deprecated in the
| future.
|
| If you are using 'fCalendar' and 'fSeries', please move to their new
| versions named timeDate and timeSeries respectively.

Would it be possible to get more regular updates about what is, or is not, or
will be, or will no longer be, part of what is considered to be Rmetrics ?

Maybe it is just me, but I find it confusing that a project called 'Rmetrics'
once had a package called Rmetrics which it no longer has ... The calendar /
date package transition wasn't all that smooth either. As start, a high-level
changelog and/or roadmap could be added to the wiki.  You may also want to
use this list. And/or the r-packages or r-sig-finance list.

Finally, I personally would also vote for re-instating the Rmetrics package
as it can give you at least a small hook (by looking at the search path, or
at installed.packages(), or ...) into alerting actual users to the fact that
they still have something installed that you now deem deprecated.  Otherwise,
I fear you will be confronted with this problem for a long time indeed.

Just my $0.02.

Regards, Dirk