fMultivar and fBasics

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Apr 18 18:35:21 CEST 2009

On 18 April 2009 at 18:17, Martin Maechler wrote:
| Yohan, I agree with Dirk that really this should be solved by
| correctly specified
| 	  'Depends:'
| and	  'Imports:'  in the DESCRIPTION files.
|
| {{ or have you ended up, having *circular* dependencies ?
|    I hope not ! }}

No, but there are a gazillion missing (versioned) Depends: on fBasics as it
bombs with the old version.

I have to build these in chroot environments which required to get the
Depends exactly right, or it bombs.  What makes this maddening is that I have
to do everything in three or more waves: timeDate, timeSeries; then when
those are in the archive fBasics, then fGarch/fCopulae.  I am just over
half-way through but can't finish it as I now have to wait for
fGarch/fCopulae to make it into the archive.  I for one would really prefer
it if the upload could be more staged -- we had a few packages updated
between the last 'wave' around R 2.8.0 and now and I think we should do more
of that.

No need to re-upload all of these, but next time please consider explicitly
versioned Depends at least where you know of a Dependency.

| @ Dirk:  Good luck in Boston!

Thanks :)

Dirk