low discrepancy sequences

Christophe Dutang christophe.dutang at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 23 19:40:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm currently making a R package (named randtoolbox and under GNU GPL)
with pseudo and quasi random generators. And I wanted to add Sobol and
Halton low discrepancy sequences to my package.

But I found out the package fOptions already implemented that stuff.
So I ask you the permission to use your Fortran code (i.e. 085A-
LowDiscrepancy.f) in my package.

I already use foreign codes under GNU GPL: the C code from Matsumoto
and Saito for SF-mersenne twister.

If you accept, there will be an explicit banner in my help page saying
I use the Rmetrics code such as for SF-mersenne twister.

Otherwise could you advise me some code on www.mcqmc.org/Software.html?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Christophe Dutang

PS :  I attach the last version of randtoolbox source, because
randtoolbox will not be available on CRAN before 3-4 days.