Status Rmetrics for R 2.6.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Oct 8 15:45:38 CEST 2007

Hi Diethelm,

On 8 October 2007 at 15:01, Diethelm Wuertz wrote:
| Dear Rmetrics-Core List Memebers,
|
| Dear Kurt, Dirk,
|

| Thanks for all the comments I got so far for the new Rmetrics distribution.
|
| The Current Status is the following
|
| 1.
| Now I have resubmitted all packages under Version
| Number Rmetrics 260.72. I hope that now everything will be fine:

Why all?  That makes a lot of manual work for Kurt, and to a lesser degree
for me.

| You can have a look on all package reports including
| the major log,  install, and unit test files:
|
| http://www.itp.phys.ethz.ch/econophysics/R/RmetricsPackages/R-2.6.0/
|
| 2.
| Rdonlp is removed from package fPortfolio, so all packages
| can also become part of Debian.

Not so fast:

i)  You didn't fix the dependence on akima. Or at least you didn't tell us.

ii) I submitted RUnit, robustbase, and mnormt to Debian. The last is really
    silly as already have the 'other multivaritate normal/t' (named mvtnorm)
    but whatever....  In any event, mnormt needs to be included so that I
    can then build sn, and then we still need to wait for sn to be included.

    So as I asked before: next we hardwire new Depends, and early heads-up
    would help.

Best regards, Dirk