[OGRUG] Accessing pdf files in inst/

Garrett, Robert (NRCan/RNCan) robert@g@rrett @end|ng |rom c@n@d@@c@
Fri May 1 14:41:17 CEST 2020

Good day,

I trust all readers are well and coping with the Covid difficulties.

I have a package that I have developed and maintained since 2002, 'rgr'.  When first built there were three pdf documents that were stored in inst/docs.  In earlier versions of R these could be accessed via the package index for the Help files, not so anymore.

I understand that inst/docs is no longer an acceptable folder name, and I propose to place the files in a folder inst/pdf.  I am still faced with the problem of providing access to display these files.  My preferred solution would be access or instructions through the Help files so the user could read the files from within an R session.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you,

Stay safe and well,

          Bob

Robert G. Garrett

Emeritus Scientist, Geological Survey of Canada
Natural Resources Canada / Government of Canada
robert.garrett using canada.ca / Tel: 613-995-4517

scientique �m�rite, commission g�ologique
Ressources naturelles Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
robert.garrett using canada.ca / T�l: 613-995-4517

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]