[OGRUG] Centres of ExpeRtise within GOC?

Tyler Smith tyler at plantarum.ca
Tue Aug 9 15:36:12 CEST 2016

Hi Alex,

At AAFC we use R extensively, at least in the biodiversity group. Tasks
we use it for include:

- univariate and bivariate statistical analysis
- multivariate analysis of ecological and morphometric data
- population genetics
- phylogenetics
- (meta)genomics
- flow cytometry histogram analysis (ploidy and genome size assessment
in plants)

We have varying levels of expertise, from beginners up to workshop
instructors and at least one package developer. My sense is that R use
is increasing, and gradually replacing other general-purpose stats
packages.

Best,

Tyler

--