[OGRUG] software carpentry training in December

Tyler Smith tyler at plantarum.ca
Tue Oct 27 15:07:35 CET 2015

Hi folks,

The Software Carpentry group has announced a new round of R instructor
training. This is a two-day workshop this December, aimed at proficient
R users who wish to learn to train others to use R. They also work with
Bash, Python, Git, SQL, and other tools useful in data analysis. The
details are here:

http://software-carpentry.org/blog/2015/10/call-for-instructor-training.html

The training is free, but there is an expectation that instructors will
host a 2-day training workshop for new R users at their own institution
in the 6 months following the workshop. The training will actually be
delivered via web conference, so we can 'attend' wherever we like, given
we can get 6-8 people together with a reliable web connection.

Questions for the list:

1. Is anyone interested (or know someone who might be) in joining me on
an application to attend the instructor training?
2. If so, are you interested in hosting an R training course sometime
next spring? I'm happy to coordinate this, or help to do so, however is
useful. I can host here at Ag Canada (Carling Avenue), but another venue
would be preferable as we have really spotty internet connection in our
conference rooms.

Best,

Tyler

--