[OGRUG] R meetups and OCRUG

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 21:03:13 CEST 2014

On 09/11/2014 08:54 AM, Pierre Tourigny wrote:
> Hi
> I'm a new member of the Ottawa R User Group.
>
> I started  a course on R at EdX <https://www.edx.org/>. It's a free
> 5-week online course that started on September 9. It's not too late to
> register because the deadline to turn in the first week's graded
> questions is September 22. Check it out here: Explore Statistics With R
> <https://www.edx.org/course/kix/kix-kiexplorx-explore-statistics-r-1524#.VBGaz5K3Kx4>
> .
>
> I think R-UG-Ottawa should create a group in Meetup
> <http://www.meetup.com/>. That's the first place I looked for other R
> users in Ottawa.

There already is a Meetup group, although I think there haven't been any
meetings in awhile. It is always a bit difficult to decide whether the
OCRUG style meetings with a presentation work better, or the more casual
meetups. Probably a mix is useful. But if there are too many meetings
then none are well attended.

Paul