[OGRUG] Note about Meetup msgs

Prof J C Nash (U30A) nashjc at uottawa.ca
Mon Jun 2 13:50:07 CEST 2014

For some reason in the last few weeks Meetup announcements (I was
subscribed to the R Helpdesk meetup) showed up as blank messages. I
saved the message and pushed it through a file viewer and found it only
contained a base64 attachement, which returned "invalid input" on
attempts to decode. The output did show some typical HTML headers, like
the first 4-5 lines of a standard web page. I've unsubscribed from
Meetup for now, but wonder if others have experienced similar issues.

JN