[OGRUG] Proposal for September meeting of OGRUG

Prof. John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Fri Aug 6 22:57:12 CEST 2010

R-UG-Ottawa, also known as the Ottawa Gatineau R User Group, has not had a meeting for a
while.

We have a proposal to have a joint meeting with the Ottawa Canada Linux User Group where R
will be discussed at the September meeting. At the moment OCLUG is waiting for room
confirmation from Algonquin College, who kindly give space. Due to start of term, we are
waiting to here if we will have a room on Thurs. Sept 2 or Tues Sept 7. Watch
http://oclug.on.ca for time and place.

I will be presenting an Intro to R. This may be of interest to students at local
universities and they will be most welcome. OCLUG meetings are free (a hat is passed to
help cover some of the equipment and promotional expenses of the group) and public.

I'm hoping that Paul Gilbert can give some comments on ideas presented at UseR! 2010 that
took place in late July at NIST in Gaithersburg Md. I was there too, but should not wear
out my welcome.

We also hope to get some lively exchange between two groups with strong interests in open
source software.

Cheers,

John Nash