[R-SIG-Win] Rtools and R 4.0.0?

Constantin Ahlmann-Eltze @rtjom31415 @end|ng |rom goog|em@||@com
Wed Apr 8 12:01:29 CEST 2020

Hi,

I wanted to follow up on the email below from Kevin about the prospect
of Rtools 40 with the upcoming R 4.0.0 release?

I currently have a package under review at BioConductor
(https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/1465) which uses
C++14 features. I was told that they would be ready to make the switch
to Rtools 40, however are waiting for a decision from CRAN.

Best Regards,
Constantin Ahlmann-Eltze

Hello,

Has a decision been made yet as to whether R 4.0.0 on Windows is going
to be built using the new gcc8 toolchain (described at
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/testing/rtools40.html)?

>/From the sidelines, I can see that the toolchain is being used to /build and test packages on CRAN; if there are any remaining issues
that I can help to try and run down (either in R or any CRAN packages)
I'd be happy to try and help.

FWIW, I'm excited at the prospect at seeing a new toolchain for
Windows, since it would imply support for C++17 and so it would become
easier for CRAN packages to depend on the newer C++ standard.

Thanks,
Kevin

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]