[R-SIG-Win] Question about rtools provided shell

Tim Keitt tkeitt at utexas.edu
Fri Apr 29 22:33:11 CEST 2016


I am trying to be clever (whether that's a good idea is for another thread
;) and write an R script that downloads and builds the postgres libpq
library when its not installed. (The idea is to call this script during
source package installation.)

It works swimmingly on Linux as you would expect, but after a fresh windows
install + R + Rtools, I get an error during the postgres configure step
complaining about the shell not being posix. I _assume_ that I am calling
the shell that comes with Rtools as it is at the front of the path variable.

So my questions are: what shell comes with Rtools, can it be made to work
with autoconf, and is it going to change anytime soon? It appears I might
be able to automate installation of mingw but that would either replicate
or possibly conflict with parts of Rtools.

I'm not very familiar with windows generally, so perhaps I'm missing
something obvious. Any pointers?

THK

http://www.keittlab.org/

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]



More information about the R-SIG-windows mailing list