[R-SIG-Win] Will there be another release of the 4.6.3 based toolchain for Windows this year?

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 03:59:44 CEST 2015

While I am eagerly awaiting an upgrade to a more modern toolchain, if there
will be a wait, and another iteration of the current toolset is
contemplated, may I request that it be compiled with lto activated
(throwing --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,lto will suffice) so that
whatever link-time optimizations are in 4.6.3 can be used? Currently, even
though 4.6.3 has some LTO support, Rtools is not compiled with that support
(as seen via gcc -v).

Thank you,

Avi

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]