[R-SIG-Win] New Rtools sent to CRAN

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:20:46 CEST 2015

I have just uploaded a new build of the Rtools33.exe installer to CRAN.
It should appear on the mirrors within a day or two.

This installer includes the current build of gcc 4.9.3 from
http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~jeroen/mingw-w64. It also includes
Jeroen's build of libicu55, which is necessary to build R.

The current R-devel build on CRAN should have the necessary changes to
build R using this toolchain, but the default is still the previous gcc
4.6.3 toolchain; users should follow the instructions on
https://github.com/rwinlib/r-base#readme to set up their systems to use it.

Please post any problems here or to me or Jeroen, as appropriate. We're
hoping to be able to use this toolchain in R 3.3.x.

Duncan Murdoch