[R-SIG-Win] Rcpp revdep check with gcc 4.9.3

Jeroen Ooms jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu
Tue Sep 15 14:34:40 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Some more updates on the new windows tool chain. We did a reverse
dependencies check on Rcpp using the new tool chains. The summary and
log files are here:
http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~jeroen/mingw-w64/rcpp_check/

The results seem quite promising. Out of the 460 checked pages, 24
failed to install. However the majority of problems were unrelated to
the toolchain, e.g. missing software on the server (Java, JAGS, latex
packages, C libraries), or issues with the revdep check process
itself. Perhaps more important: no unexpected segfaults or freezes
were encountered in the process.

A quick analysis of the results yields at least 4 packages that
require a rebuild of an external C++ library:

 - V8: libv8
 - RProtoBuf: libprotobuf
 - RQuantLib (libquantlib)
 - h5: libhdf5

Another 2 packages need some sort of fixing:

 - rexpokit: fortran bug, already fixed in dev version on
github:wrathematics/rexpokit
 - rpg: conflicting winpthread, need to switch to native pthreads

Another few packages failed an example or a unit test, but that might
again be due to external circumstances. So far I did not find anything
that hints at new problems with the tool chain.

Jeroen