[R-SIG-Win] An update on the windows toolchain developments

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:03:08 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Avraham Adler <avraham.adler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the Rf_error, does the issue still exist in v4 of GCC 4.9.2
> and is a regression in 4.9.3, or has it never been solved in 4.9.2
> either?

It is an issue in the mingw runtime, it appears in either version of gcc.

> Regarding the Rcpp error, wouldn't throwing no-sse also prevents the
> use of almost all vecotrizations (sse2-4.1 and avx/avx2), slowing
> results down noticeably?

I don't know. Hopefully it is just a temporary workaround that we can
remove once we figure out why the Rcpp module exception is crashing.

> Is this error [1] dependent on using RToolsTest (for which I get
> package ‘RToolTest’ is not available (for R version 3.2.2 Patched) )?

RToolTest is a package we use to collect a bunch of tests for the tool
chain. Did you test with win64 The bug does not appear on win32.
Please further discuss this within the github issue.