[R-wiki] Syntax highlighting (can I use R.php?)

Yan Wong yan at pixie.org.uk
Sat Dec 20 22:21:46 CET 2008

I'm trying to write a wikibook (http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?
title=Statistical_Analysis:_an_Introduction_using_R in case anyone is
interested) to teach statistics using R. I would like to be able to
syntax-highlight code in the book, and so I've been in touch with the
authors of GeSHi, the program used to do syntax-highlighting on the R
wiki.

Apparently, it is no longer necessary to use a hacked version of
GeSHi, since allowing keywords with dots in "can be done quite easily
with the PARSER_CONTROL settings." (see https://sourceforge.net/
support/tracker.php?aid=2276025 ). I guess that means that GeSHi can
be distributed with R highlighting built in.

Presumably all that is needed is an R.php file. There is one at
http://organicdesign.co.nz/GeSHi/R.php, but perhaps the one on the
normal R wiki is more up to date? If I can find where this is stored,
would I have permission to send it to the GeSHi people to be
distributed with future versions of GeSHi?

Cheers

Yan