[R-wiki] [R] Packages - a great resource, but hard to find the right one

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 23 15:55:29 CET 2007

I'm coming late to this thread, so I don't know if anyone mentioned
RSiteSearch.  See
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/utils/html/RSiteSearch.html
You can also do this directly through a browser (which is how I
usually do it).

In the RSiteSearch() function use restrict="functions".  In the web
page at http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/, in the search page uncheck the
boxes except for Functions.

True, this doesn't get everything because people use different words
for the same thing (especially economists), but I find that it usually
works when I'm looking for a function.  When you find the function,
there is a header at the top that says what package it is in.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron