[R-wiki] Waiting times (was: Transcript of "Conservative ANOVA tables")

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Mon Oct 9 17:44:41 CEST 2006

Dieter Menne <dieter.menne <at> menne-biomed.de> writes:

> Dear friends of lmer,
>
> http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=guides:lmer-tests
>
> I have put a transcript of the long thread on lmer/lme4 statistical
> test into the Wiki. For all those who missed it life, and for those
> like me, who don't like the special style of the R-list to keep full
> length quotes.
>
> Creating the text there was not much fun, waiting times are simply
> unacceptable and the Wiki only give an empty page when syntax errors
> (for example from quotes) are detected.

I agree that there is a problem about waiting times with large pages.
This might be of interest for r-sig-wiki list, but I can not CC from
Gmane - I will send separate mail. I think there was discussion about
this and that wiki is optimized for many small pages. I do agree though
that having several pages for this transcript is not acceptable.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

SI-1230 Domzale             tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888