[R-wiki] Site down?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 7 10:01:28 CET 2006

    Gregor> Jeffrey Horner <jeff.horner <at> vanderbilt.edu> writes:
    >>

    >> Just curious. I tried getting to wiki.r-project.org earlier in the day,
    >> and them someone on R-help mentioned that they also tried but couldn't
    >> reach it.
    >>
    >> Jeff

    Gregor> Yep, I also can not reach it since sunday.

Yikes!!

So I guess, the reason is the now infamous  pan-European (slight
exaggeration) blackout that hit about millions of people in
Europe, and notably Belgium where the R-Wiki server is located.

Gregor, did you do something about it, e.g.,
sending an urgent e-mail to Philippe Grosjean
(with a 'CC' to this list).

BTW: Philippe, I think you should try to think about the
     following questions

     - What happens if you are in vacation, sick,...
     -  Who is your "substitute"?
     - Is there a phone number for urgencies?
     - What are the emergency measures (and who is responsible) if
       the machine crashes?  Backup / Substitute machine / ... ?

The R-Wiki is too important to leave such questions
unanswered.