[R-wiki] [R] sparklines

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Fri May 19 19:27:16 CEST 2006

Philippe Grosjean wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Indeed, this would be very nice if someone could write a "SWeave2wiki"
> driver, perhaps inspired from the R2HTML "Sweave2HTML" driver. Eric
> Lecoutre (author of R2HTML) told me how easy it was to write such a
> driver, thanks to the good design of SWeave.
>

> Philippe Grosjean

   It occurs to me there are actually two different tasks/programs here.
One is an Sweave driver for Wiki, which would allow one to maintain
wiki files with embedded R code that was executed, created figures,
etc..  The other (which is what Robin needs) converts from an existing
vignette (Sweave/Latex) to a wikified version; for this it's best (I
think) to work from the Sweave'd tex file and convert it to Wiki;
this is basically just regular expression conversion (which is what
all the existing latex2wiki scripts I've seen have been); it would
take a little bit of twiddling in Perl/Python/R ... ? but shouldn't
be too hard.  I will take a crack when I get a chance but no-one
should be holding their breath ...

   cheers
     Ben