[R-wiki] mangled/misplaced wiki text ...

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Fri Jun 16 12:43:34 CEST 2006

Ben Bolker wrote:
>   for a few of the "tips" sections, I wrote some short
> overview/introduction sections.  For example,
>
> http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:stats-distrib&s=distribution
>
>  I have two questions about this:
>  (1) it doesn't appear to fit very well into the new indexing scheme:
> should I just add these as "introduction" links/tips?
>   (2) the page above in particular seems to have been mangled somehow
> I don't understand; when I edit/preview the page it looks fine, but
> when I save it it comes back in raw format ... ???
>
>   cheers
>    Ben

The index is generated automatically from all pages in a given
namespace. by creating a page tips:stats-distrib, you don't put it in
the tips:stats-distri (take care here: distri, not distrib!). My
suggestion would be to call your pages tips:stats-distri:0verview (with
zero, not 'o'). That way: (1) it appears in the index, and (2), it
appears in the first position. I took the liberty to move your page at
that location, so, you can see the results.
Best,

Philippe Grosjean