[R-wiki] mangled/misplaced wiki text ...

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 03:18:53 CEST 2006

Wow! that is weird.  I logged into the Wiki and your page was just
unformatted stuff all jammed together.  Then I opened the page for
editing, added one blank space, then previewed it and it looked fine,
so I saved the page and 'voila' it was all formatted and fixed.

I notice in the output of the newest version of the alltips script:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/R/alltips.html

That there are several tips with the same "no formatting" problem.

However, when I go to those particular pages, they display normally.

I wonder if it is a web server problem?

pj

On 6/15/06, Ben Bolker <bolker at ufl.edu> wrote:

>   for a few of the "tips" sections, I wrote some short
> overview/introduction sections.  For example,
>
> http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:stats-distrib&s=distribution
>
>  I have two questions about this:
>  (1) it doesn't appear to fit very well into the new indexing scheme:
> should I just add these as "introduction" links/tips?
>   (2) the page above in particular seems to have been mangled somehow
> I don't understand; when I edit/preview the page it looks fine, but
> when I save it it comes back in raw format ... ???
>
>   cheers
>    Ben

Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science