[R-wiki] R Wiki: What do you want me to do now about tips?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 19:28:11 CEST 2006

I have this gmail account but can't manage it very well.  Too many
messages, too many lists, blah, blah...

Anyway, I just noticed several messages in this list debating the
question of whether I should maintain Rtips or try to migrate the rest
of the content into the R Wiki.  What is that status now?

My opinion is that some of the things in Rtips are quite seriously
useful, especially "how to save graphs" and "use predict with
regression" but many of the things are tidbits that I accumulated for
one use and never used again.

I do think it is good if users can just view all the tips on a single
page, as some readers suggested.  The one who said I should keep
separate content on Rtips seemed to think the big drawback of the Wiki
was the sub-compartmentlization of information into little pages, and
there is some truth in that.  But I've seen other Wiki programs that
could just display all content in a single www post.

I'm sorry I've not been paying attention, but now it is summer and I
have some time while preparing to teach stats again in the fall, and
so if you (all) tell me what needs to be done, I will do it.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science