[R-wiki] list of all the pages

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Sun Jul 23 01:08:36 CEST 2006

Le 23.07.2006 00:39, Paul Johnson a écrit :
> Attached is my most recent version of the R program that generates all
> tips as a single sheet.  Maybe it will help you see what can be done.
>
> There is also an example of another approach that is listed in the
> wiki itself. I think the title is something like "how can I get a list
> of all tips" or something like that.
>
> pj

Thanks, I'll take a look at the R script,

on the bash way, I could torture the changes.log file of the wiki to get
the info i want :
(maybe it's not the most efficient way)

*#!/bin/bash

rm -f changes.log
wget http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/data/changes.log

rm -f authors.txt
for i in `cut -f3 changes.log | sort | uniq`;
do
 echo -n "$i " >> authors.txt
 grep $i changes.log | cut -f4 | sort | uniq | tr "\n" " " >> authors.txt
 echo >> authors.txt
done
sed -e "s/  / /g" authors.txt > authors2.txt
mv -f authors2.txt authors.txt
*
Now, the file authors.txt contains the name of the page followed by the
name of the person involved.
The problem is that this contains pages that are not anymore in the wiki
because thay have been removed.

Another approach, but I don't have the rights to do that is to use the
directory structure, something like that from the data/pages directory :

$ find -name "*.txt" | grep .txt | sed -e "s/\.\/\(.*\)\.txt/\\1/g" | tr
"/" ":"

gives the names of all the pages that exist.

With a little more imagination, combining the two scripts, I could get
to something like an xml file :

<wikipage>
  <wikipagename>tips:tips</wikipagename>
  <writer>phgrosjean</writer>
  <writer>nick_drew</writer>
  <writer>pauljohn</writer>
  <writer>rom1</writer>
  <lastmodif>Sun Jul 23 01:05:28 2006</lastmodif>
</wikipage>

which would do the trick to what I have in mind .... but now I should
really go to bed, we'll see tomorow.

Philippe, when I'm done with that, would you consider setting a cronjob
to generate that file from time to time and put it somewhere we can read
it ?

Romain