[R-wiki] Geshi, tool-tips, function-to-url capacity

Damian Betebenner damian.betebenner at bc.edu
Mon Jan 30 23:10:12 CET 2006

Philippe,

Thank you. I saw the search that lists the man pages first and then the other finds after.
I really like how nicely the Wiki format makes the Rhelp page look. Color makes things much
easier for the eye.

I think it's just my preference, but I find it more elegant to have the exact man page come up instead of having to click on the link again. However, if you think that a users clicking on a command will often use the search
results provided, then that's the way to go.

Another possiblity one might consider with the difficulty level stuff is to do something similar to what
Don Knuth did in the TeX book. When a tricky part in the description comes along, have the author note
it with an indicator (Knuth used a "curve in the road" pictogram).

Regards,

Damian