[R-wiki] Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced... new attempt

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 17:17:28 CET 2006

Overall these are my impressions:

- the technical aspects of the wiki are impressive

- I don't agree that a wiki is necessarily disorganized as the examples below
which I previously posted and repeat at the end show.  The current
confusing organization needs to be redone and using one of them as a model
would be one way since they are seem reasonably well done.

- the beginner/intermediate/expert are not only not useful, but actually
detract by providing clutter.  I don't think its adequate just to say not to
use them if you don't like them.  I don't think they should be an
organizing principile of the wiki.

  Tcl - http://mini.net/tcl/
       - this one has over 1000 pages

 Common Lisp - http://www.cliki.net/index

 PHP - http://www.php.net/manual/en/
        - not sure what to call this but users can add comments to end
of each page.

 Lua - http://lua-users.org/wiki/