[R-wiki] hyperlink to R doc from wiki R script

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Wed Jan 25 23:10:10 CET 2006

Hi wiki people,

I don't know what tool is used for colouring the R scripts that go into
the wiki, probably highlight, the <span class="kw2">... seem familiar ....
I wonder if that may be possible that the code link to (wiki) help pages
for functions.
For example, if one writes that script :

a <- rnorm(100)
mean(a)

One could imagine that for example the words 'mean' and 'rnorm' might be
clickable and then link to
http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=rdoc:base:mean
http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=rdoc:stats:rnorm

I've done that kind of thing torturing (with R) the output of highlight
for RGG.
Maybe I can share that, but do not wait for something very pretty ;-)
What about writing a perl? python? script to do that kind of task, or
even modifying highlight ?

What do you think ?

Romain

--