[R-wiki] Summary of the discussion before creation of R-sig-wiki

John Marsland john.marsland at mac.com
Thu Jan 19 09:40:21 CET 2006

On 1/18/06, Frank E Harrell Jr <f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> >>- one of the problems with R packages is that there is no consistent
> >>way to be advised of changes.  If package authors put their change
> >>file on the wiki, and since the wiki has RSS, subscribers could
> >>be immediately advised of any changes in packages.  I don't think
> >>this involves any development but it requires that package authors
> >>use it.

As far as I can see the feed.php script which presents the RSS feed in
DokuWiki doesn't seem to be functioning. Has anyone else managed to
make it work?

Usually an RSS button is presented on the bottom of each page next to
the text "R Wiki powered by Driven by DokuWiki and optimized for
Firefox Get Firefox!".