[R-wiki] Summary of the discussion before creation of R-sig-wiki

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Wed Jan 18 15:35:08 CET 2006

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> One thought for the wiki might be to have a place where
> package authors can logically put a home page for their
> package or a link to their off-wiki home page if they
> have one.

This is automatic, because anybody can add namespaces / pages at will.
The simplest way to do that is to type:

mypackage:mypage

in the search text entry at top right in the Wiki (where "mypackage"
will become a new namespace, and "mypage", a new page in that
namespace). Click "search", and, in the search result page, you click
"Create this page". Start typing your text. Presumably, you will start
it with a top-level title, thus:

====== This is my top-level title =====
Heres is **some text** added to my page...

etc... So, the feature you are asking for is really built in the Wiki.
Best,

Philippe Grosjean