[R-wiki] graphics gallery in wiki?

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Mon Feb 13 18:27:45 CET 2006

Le 13.02.2006 17:58, Philippe Grosjean a écrit :
> Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
>> Aside from how or where this would be accomplished,
>> I think it would be useful if each graphic had a one or two
>> paragraph explanation that walks a person through it.
>> There appears to be some facility right now in RGG but in
>> most cases more explanation is needed and as a result one
>> often does not really know what one is looking at.  I was thinking
>> of something like this explanation as what is desired:
>>
>> https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-February/086667.html
>>
>> I guess the alternatives are:
>>
>> - solicit such explanations from the graph submitters and add each
>>   such explanation by hand to RGG.
>>
>> - have links from RGG to the wiki (and back in the other direction too)
>>   in which case the graph submitters could enter the info themself
>>
>> - incorporate RGG functionality into the wiki
>>
>> - incorporate wiki functionality into RGG
>
> Personnally, I like solution 3: it is just a question of writting a
> link to the wiki in RGG. If a page does not exists, it is easy to
> create it by clicking 'Create this page'.
I agree. That solution is the easiest, and i think the better.

Is there a way to add new commands to the wiki, such as <gg 25> that
will add the corresponding image, ie :
http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/graphiques/graph_25.png.
Or <ggc 25> to call the source code, ie :
http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/sources/source_25.R or the html
ready http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/highlight/high_25.html

Where would i link. I created
http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=rgg
So maybe i can use http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=rgg:25
Tell me if it is better to put that some place else, maybe
snippets:graphics-misc ?

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php