[R-wiki] graphics gallery in wiki?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:21:30 CET 2006

Aside from how or where this would be accomplished,
I think it would be useful if each graphic had a one or two
paragraph explanation that walks a person through it.
There appears to be some facility right now in RGG but in
most cases more explanation is needed and as a result one
often does not really know what one is looking at.  I was thinking
of something like this explanation as what is desired:

https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-February/086667.html

I guess the alternatives are:

- solicit such explanations from the graph submitters and add each
  such explanation by hand to RGG.

- have links from RGG to the wiki (and back in the other direction too)
  in which case the graph submitters could enter the info themself

- incorporate RGG functionality into the wiki

- incorporate wiki functionality into RGG