[R-sig-teaching] Making teaching material, html, pdf or powerpoint

Cajias Marcelo M@rce|o@C@j|@@ @end|ng |rom p@tr|z|@@@g
Tue Dec 17 17:12:53 CET 2019

Dear Manuel,

I teach 3 courses at the university and recommend strongly Rmarkdown into pdf/html. This is the most dynamic and modern way to teach, in my opinion. The students love.

The only disadvantage is that you can create in ppt graphs or "forms" quicker than in markdown.

Best

Marcelo

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: R-sig-teaching <r-sig-teaching-bounces using r-project.org> Im Auftrag von Manuel Spínola
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2019 17:09
An: r-sig-teaching using r-project.org
Betreff: [R-sig-teaching] Making teaching material, html, pdf or powerpoint

I am planning to make teaching material for data analysis in R.  I am trying to decide which output will be better. Html, pdf or powepoint.

I found that flexdashboard could have the potential to make the material in html output which could include interactive graphs and tables.

Any insight on this?

Best,

--
*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre Universidad Nacional Apartado 1350-3000 Heredia COSTA RICA mspinola using una.cr <mspinola using una.ac.cr> mspinola10 using gmail.com